Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Persecution...?

I think that if asked, many of us would consider to have suffered persecution at one time or another, but what would we consider persecution?....Social awkwardness?....Getting made fun of?....Getting talked about behind your back?...The cold shoulder?  

Although these examples may be considered persecution, they are nothing compared to what some others face; and, what causes this persecution?  Wearing a Christian T-shirt?  Sharing your faith?  Not conforming?  

If you had to choose between death and denying Christ, what would you choose?  Some of us may not find it too difficult to say death, but have you really thought about it?  It's not such an easy answer when a gun is pointed to your head.  Would it not honestly be tempting to save your life and repent for it later?  

Watch this video.

This is something that's real.  (Please pray for her, tomorrow the court decides whether or not she has to go back to her parents.)

Do you take your faith seriously enough to die for it?  Or is you're faith something you're willing to live out until the price gets too high?  What's the point in which you turn back?

What's sad is that many of us say we would be willing to die for our faith, but we are afraid to evangelize because we don't want to be seen as weird, pushy, or become an outcast.  We would rather avoid the social awkwardness than do what the creator of the universe has commanded us to do!  

So tell me this, if social awkwardness is too high a price to pay, what makes you think you'd give your life?

Heavenly Father,
I come before you thankful for You're love.  I ask that I would live a life that demonstrates faith, that I would never deny you, no matter what the price.  I ask that you would fill me with You're spirit, so that I can better do You're work.  You are an amazing, perfect, loving God, who deserves more than all the praise, honor, and glory we can give.  I present to You my life as a living sacrifice, please do with me as you please.
I pray this in Jesus name,
Amen

2 comments:

  1. You make an excellent point! We need to be much bolder in our faith, and make a stand for Jesus. "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes."

    ReplyDelete